DIGNITY GROUP CLAIMS PROCESS
You must submit your valid claim to Dignity Group within Twelve (12) months of your death
How to claim:
- Policy must have completed a period of six (6) calendar months and must have six (6) premiums paid, to qualify for a claim. In the event of a claim for assistance:
- Please call Dignity Group at: Tel 0861 777 100.
- You can download Claims document fill in and email to email@example.com or fax to 086 600 0476.
The documents you will be required to submit could include:
- A fully completed African Unity Life Limited claim form - obtained from Dignity Group.
- A certified computerised copy of the official death certificate of the deceased - issued by the Department of Home Affairs.
- A certified copy of the deceased’s ID document.
- A certified copy of the ID document of the person making the claim.
- A fully completed SAPS statement in cases where the death was due to unnatural causes and a certificate of release, if applicable.
- A notification of death form (BI 1663) completed by the doctor who certified the death or an affidavit.
- A letter from the funeral parlour confirming that the deceased’s remains are with them (must be on a letterhead).
- Burial order issued by the Home Affairs.
- Other supporting documents (such as proof of marriage or proof of relationship to children) if applicable.
- In the case of a stillbirth, you need to give African Unity Life Limited a notification of the stillbirth (BI 1663) or a copy of the antenatal card and a letter from the hospital.
- A Stamped Bank Statement of the beneficiary (the person who will receive the payout).
- Any other information African Unity Life Limited requires from you.
All claims will be processed efficiently and quickly and will be paid out in 48 hours if all the correct documentation is submitted.